Straw and hay sculpture contest
Valloire organises a unique artistic event in France, which is both fun and linked to the mountains. Come and discover works of art made by talented sculptors ! You can admire those sculptures all summer long in Les Verneys, Valloire.
This contest is unique in France! Entrants have a free choice of theme, but they must create a sculpture, which is a construction filled and covered with straw and hay.
12 giant sculptures will be built by teams of 2 sculptors on the Les Verneys plateau, in Valloire. They will be on display throughout the summer.
Contest begins: Tuesday 30 June at 9:00am
Contest ends: Sunday 5 July at noon
Sunday, July 5th:
Noon: end of the contest
10:00am - 4:00pm Vote for public and youth prize at the Tourist Information Office at the Sculpture site
5:00 pm: Prize giving
• JURY'S PRIZE :
• PUBLIC'S PRIZE AND YOUTH PRIZE :
• ARTIST'S PRIZE:
• Alain LOVATO - President - President of the Rhone-Alpes Visual Arts Centre
• Christian BURGER - Sculptor and Artistic Arbitrator for the Contest
• Roselyne ERUTTI - Sculptor
• Alberte RETORNAZ - Amateur artist
• Cyrille JULLIEN - Carpenter
• Béatrice BAILLY - Town councillor
• Emmanuelle LACOSTE -Valloire Tourisme director and Contest organiser.